1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Abstract / Modern Aquascaping.

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Supercoley1, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Supercoley1

Supercoley1 Moderator Staff Member

Having a play around with proportions on this one now. Initially I had the rocks larger but have reduced them down. Any thoughts? And not that they should be away from the centre and not an even number. lol

[​IMG]

Andy

Sponsored link:

2. randy0319

randy0319 Aspiring Aquascaper

I am really excited to see your design take off. I admire where you are going and really hope that your project succeeds. The only things from the pic above- might be to look at the 'wings'. If the left one were even higher then the other taking into account the golden ratio both horizontally and vertically it will stear away from mirror imaging. And like you said, 7 rocks would be better then 6. I can't wait to see what wonders you will create. I would also like to include pictures of it in my aquascaping catagories thread. Best wishes and all good luck ---R

3. Supercoley1

The tank is now properly ordered and price for the Apoxie Sculpt being negotiated. Expensive stuff that clay so may be a toss up between the very few brands that can be used. There is another called 'magic sculpt' sowill go with whatever works out cheapest. circa £80 at the mo for the Apoxie.

Once they are here (circa 1 month) I'll be ready to start this one as long as I've done the reqiring and redecorating behind where the tank goes. Oh and built the new gloss white cabinet to go under it. Quite a lot of work because I'm removing the 'false' front of the chimney breast that I built and that means re-plastering the sides as well as routing 'in wall' cabling a different way (rear speaker cable needs taking out and directing to this side of the room and vice versa for the main speaker and centre speaker cabling. Aargh the pain of having such grandiose ideas. lol

Once I'm ready I'll put mini updates in here but start a proper journal.

Oh just to add I got carried away and ordered the new little mini optiwhite to replace my small tank as well :)

4. Supercoley1

5. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I remember posting that light on my defunked GEAMS, It's not grown on me. I look forward to seeing what you do with the style though, I always liked your

6. Supercoley1

I'll whisper this cos people will all think the wrong thing and say 'told ya so'.

Exhibit C (the cones) is still on the go although I did ditch the sand to put Akadama in it. However I think I am going to just do NA in the big one. Not because I don't like this idea. More because I am really busy and these abstract minimal scapes need constant attention or they really suffer. There is nowhere to hide for anything that grows out funny and the clean lines make sure that anything that isn't right is noticed straight away.

Might come back to this sort of thing in a few years and have a really good think about something super special as these ideas were very early in my thought process and not really what I am thinking now. I am more 'sculpture' or 'design' thoughts at the moment.

I will update Exhibit C before I break it down but I think it'll be 2 NA style.

I've gone off white gloss cabinets too. lol Pity because I paid £70 for the Formica and one is completed already but I am well into wood again now. The 2 new ones will be similar in style though. Like ADA ones with feet but veneered in Zebrano :)

Will be a while though. Overloaded with work.