1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

A word of encouragement to new fish keepers.

Discussion in 'The Aqua Lounge' started by lucasgg, Sep 29, 2014.

1. lucasgg

lucasgg Active Aquascaper

My tank is the best work I have done. You can do the same. I started out as small and gullible as you once were. The one thing that I did that really counted was to never give up. I encourage you to never, never give up. Persistence will bring great things.

If you need anything, anything, please post if on the forums. You won't regret it.

greenfinger 2, ShadowMac and keithgh like this.
  2. Beagle

Beagle Aspiring Aquascaper

I love that you decided to share this! It can definitely being frustrating being a beginner. But you've gotta start somewhere right? :X3:

I'm not planning on giving up any time soon. :p Thanks for the words of encouragement! :D

greenfinger 2, ShadowMac and keithgh like this.
  3. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

The biggest concern with new comers many want and must have a fantastic award winning Aquascape now and then are not prepared to stay here at ASW and learn the art of Aquascaping.

The other big concern is wanting every "must have" to start of with when they do not know the basics of Aquascaping/fish keeping etc and to top that off on a very limited budget.

I encourage every new comer stay and learn as much as possible then start helping other new comers to our wonderful world of Aquascaping.

Keith:):)

greenfinger 2 and ShadowMac like this.
  4. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

thanks for sharing, Lucas. It does take some effort to improve in the hobby, hopefully it is a labor of love. My first tanks were not too pretty...might be a thread around here and the ASW article outlines my first steps into the hobby. Eventually I reached a point where I am satisfied with my tanks. I have to say the biggest step here is learning to grow plants well. Once you accomplish that, then its about design and imagination...this is where it can be a lot of fun.

keithgh likes this.
  5. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi Lucasgg, Joining this forum was the best thing i ever done. The expert advice given buy members of the forum. Has helped me take my hobby to another level. Its been a long hard learning curve over the past 2 years but i have enjoyed every minute.
    As Shawn said understanding plants and getting them to grow well is the most important thing. Then the design of your Aquascapes can begin and that's where the fun starts :)
    And as Keith said Wanting everything all at once, Then rushing in with out doing the research first, Is the biggest mistake that most new comers make.
    Two of the best bits of advice with Design KIS "Keep it simple" And "Less is more" Thank you Keith Works every time mate (y)

Lucasgg Looking forward to seeing your future Scapes:) And exchanging new ideas with you.Great to have members that care about our hobby and that help others on the forum (y)

keithgh likes this.
  6. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Roy

Learning and practising those two basic simple design rules is extremely hard for beginners to understand and follow but once it sinks it its so easy to follow.

Keith:):)

greenfinger 2 likes this.