1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

A Rocky Garden

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Culprit3, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Rachel Jo

Rachel Jo Aspiring Aquascaper

Hi Culprit, if your budget for a Co2 setup is limited then I would check out the possibility of using a Co2 extinguisher and a suitable regulator solenoid combo. Ive been running a set up like this successfully for over 5 years with no problems.
    I think The regulator was from ebay for aprox £40 and the extinguisher was a refurbed unit from a fire protection company for £20 supplied full and without a horn.

keithgh likes this.

Sponsored link:

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Culprit

Rachel has given you some information worth thinking about.

Keith:cat::cat:

3. Culprit3

Culprit3 Aspiring Aquascaper

Mainly the problem with my CO2 is I don't have a regulator or solenoid. So the amount I inject varies from day to day as pressure goes down and I have to adjust the needle valve. Currently I'm saving up for a regulator and solenoid for about $40 from ebay which will make everything far easier.

Kieth

I am making a lot of mistakes, but I'm trying very hard to learn everything I can from them. As it continues to grow in and mature and I keep thickening plants, and planting more it should start looking better. Hopefully this next tank I'm building for my neighbor will come together far more smoothly. It will also help to have a far higher budget.

4. keithgh

Culprit

That will have to be perfect as you could be fully responsible for setting it up and maintaining it until its fully established.

I am still learning after 50 years, you never stop learning.

5. Culprit3

Culprit3 Aspiring Aquascaper

It should be. I'm hoping I can steer her away from a dwarf baby tears carpet and into a dwarf hairgrass carpet. Having a far larger budget means far easier with the right equipment. 5 lb. CO2 tank, all the plants immeaditly instead of trying to propogate them like I am, solenoid for CO2, higher light, ect.

I turned on my light this morning on moonlight when it was still dark to take a peek at it in the dark. It was really cool just how much the plants close up at night!

6. keithgh

Culprit

So far so good. With her Aquascape get to choose and help you that way she cannot say she is not happy with the Aquascape.