1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

A guide for post proces in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Aquatic Photography' started by krisha, Jan 28, 2009.

1. krisha

krisha New Member

Some of the shot i have seen here must have been throug some sort of proces in photoshop - does anyone know of a good guide?

2. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

i would say this depends strongly on the photo you have, however i would say there are no guides in this way, the only thing you can do in photoshop is to correct the brightness or contrast. if here are some apple users, im sure they use programs like lightroom or aperture, because those are much better and more comfortable for photographs

3. jinx©

jinx© New Member

If you're a Photoshop user, just google something along the lines of "photoshop photo processing guide", "photoshop guides" or similar and you should find some good links. There's a lot of great tutorial based sites out there.

Photoshop is fully capable of doing about anything you could possibly want/need to do with your photos.

As far as taking the actual photos there's a lot tips and info on the web as well.
    Here's a great article written by Jason Baliban that's very helpful on getting some great shots to work with.

Planted Aquarium Tank Articles - Planted Aquarium Photography with a Point and Shoot Camera - Project Aquarium

4. Jurijs mit JS

5. saintly

saintly Aspiring Aquascaper

no mention of RAW in that article.

thats all i use. RAW, then process to jpeg or tiff

6. masudkarim

masudkarim Banned

Each of us is unique and no process will work for everyone, ... This post features more than 20 tutorials that will teach you essential techniques in Photoshop. ... Pen Tool: Photoshop's Pen Tool: The Comprehensive Guide ...

7. Jurijs mit JS

Hi Mark,
    do you never edit your RAWs?

8. saintly

yes, it's the most powerful part of the whole processing chain.

in my eyes, i don't class it as processing, with RAW software, it gives the photographer the option to increase exposure, alter white balance and other things 100% more accurately than you can do with any jpeg image.

now i do understand that a lot cant shoot RAW images, but it amazes me how many people claim to have canon and nikon in the high end market, and still shoot JPEG:crazy:

[​IMG]

thats a newly set up tank BTW B-)

this is my software. i get 95% of what you see in my images just from this software.....white balance, exposure compensation(i always under expose by 2 stops usually) curves, and contrast.

these are straight from the camera, dropped onto a background in PS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. The Puffer

The Puffer New Member

What is the name of the software you use? Is is Raw Shooter premium? I tried Raw Shooter essential and it dosnt looks like it can open .ORF files (raw). Is this just a raw file from Olympus?

10. Mr.Tang

Mr.Tang New Member

.ORF is Olympus Raw Format. Can be opened in lightroom, adobe bridge and photoshop with the use of an .Orf import plugin. I shoot with an Oly E-410 in Raw only and then tweak settings in Lightroom then open in CS4 for some digital windex if necessary, final cropping and output to .png or .jpg

11. saintly

premium RAW shooter, before it was bought out.

in reviews it still gets the best awards for RAW conversion. it's an amazing piece of software IMO. file handling is brilliant too

12. Jurijs mit JS

Mark,
    your effort pays off ;) as we all see in the Article about you from George..