1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

55G Lake Tanganyika Biotope

Discussion in 'Critique My Aquascape' started by MarineRecon, Nov 1, 2015.

1. MarineRecon

MarineRecon New Member

IMAG0561.jpg

First time putting together a hardscape like this one. This tank will be home to multis, a black calvas and some cyps. I didn't want to use huge stones as multis live in a pretty flat area with smaller rocks and the cyps are free swimmers and would prefer the open area up top. For the calvas there are the rocks to the left hand side. It is hard to tell from the picture but they protrude and there are actually multiple, separate caves in that one area. It took some time to arrange everything and I ultimately decided to take out the long piece of driftwood in the back because it looked unnatural imo. I don't have an updated picture because the tank is cycling and the water is both cloudy and a little tainted from the other piece of driftwood. Feedback is appreciated as it's never to late to move things around but I do like the way it turned out! I think the functionality for the fish is the most important thing ultimately.

sushant likes this.
  2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

MarineRecon

I am not very familiar with this type of Aquascape.

OK you are trying to keep it very natural that is great.

[​IMG]

I am using this Tanganyika rived bed as an example compared to yours.

Your hardscape looks very formal as if every rock has be carefully selected and positioned compared to the wild bed nothing is the same and it has a far more interesting reason being it has plenty of character to sit back and look at.

Your substrate white sand is a big contrast to all your rocks, where as the natural its a similar colour what you can see of it.

Sorry if I am very critical but that is how I see it.

I have given you a few things to think about.

Keith:):)

3. sushant

sushant Aspiring Aquascaper

I have no idea of Tanganyika biotype, but the scape looks beautiful and love how you have explained every point why the scape was made this way.

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk

4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member