1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

30l nano cube. which light is best out of the two?

Discussion in 'Lighting Requirements' started by Memikey, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Memikey

Memikey New Member

Hi

I have struggled getting my plants to grow in my the 30l nano for a while. Partly due to me messing around with it and never letting it settle in.

Well, now I think I have cracked it by adding CO2 by dennerle (Crystal set) However i broke the diffuser and am waiting for a new one. But am running a temporary one (in picture) till my new diffuser turns up.

What i was wondering is.... I want two lights on my tank so I have 2x 11w totaling 22w. I have always used the light that came with the tank a dennerle 11w light and it has a bright white light. Yesterday i bought a arc pod light by arcadia and its pink! so basically i want two of the same lights so it doesn't look mismatched. I was just wondering what is the best light for my plants so I can get two that match.

id love some help on this. so if anyone has a arc-pod id be interested to see how it compares to my original dennerle 11w light. from a personal point of view i hope someone says the arc-pod light is better coz it look a lot slicker on the tank.

thanks mike

Attached Files:

2. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

:rock:

Something i dislike on the Arcpod is the plastic bottom. IMO dennerle lightning is stronger. personaly I use 3x11watt dennerle on a 20liter cube :muscle:

but I have never used an arcpod ..

3. Memikey

Memikey New Member

hi jur4ik,

ive never really had a problem with the dennerle light, brightness is much better than the arc-pod. However the guy in the shop said the pink bulb is the best for plant growth? dont know if hes right or not?.

Do you know if you can put different bulbs in the arc-pod light unit so i can i get a white light like the dennerale thats just as bright?

the mean reason for this extra lighting is coz i wanna fill the foreground with HC 'cuba'.

also, dooes your 3x11w produce much algae?

cheers m

Shame because i think IMO that the arc-pod light is far nicer on the tank than the dennerle. Aslo the dennerle has a european plug/adapter which is a bit cumbersome once plugged into a uk conveter and timer.

4. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

I'm nut sure but the trouble with the arc pod is the plastic bottom cover, the bulb sits under it - right? imo this piece steals a lot of brightness.

Those pink bulbs are indead great to achieve reddish collors.
    I'm glad I have no problems with the EU plug :p

3x11watt is working great, only little algae atm ,but only on glas and hardscape because I've been a bit laisy on waterchanges