1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

2nd Aquascape attempt

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by pmasa, Aug 1, 2017.

1. pmasa

pmasa New Member

Hi Guys, I am about to pull down my first attempt at an aquascape and start over, and am currently in the planning stages. I have attached two pictures below of the hardscape layout and then my vision for the planting (sorry for the picture quality). I was hoping that people would be able to provide some feedback on my plans, as I would like to develop my skills in aquascaping. Cheers. Hardscape.jpg Plant_Plan.jpg

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Pmasa

Welcome to ASW

You are off to a good start using a mock tank only concern is it requires a front so that you can use a substrate (eg sand)

I would remove those two big rocks on the right hand side, reason being they are over powering in comparison with every thing else in the Aquascape.

I would replace them with a few smaller rocks similar to the rocks used to make the mound.

Keith:cat::cat:

3. pmasa

pmasa New Member

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the response, yes I see what you mean about the right hand side. I have a few rocks that I was planning to soften that side up with; however, I have already tied anubias to them. I might try to find some similar rocks to get a feel for what it would look like. I will have a play around with some different combinations as I wanted to create a bit of height separation from the Monte Carlo at the front and the stems at the back. I think before I do anything else I will do a proper Photoshop with plants to get an actual feel for how it all ties in and then re-arrange. As for the mock up I will have another go at building it fully, the curved front is proving to be pain though.

Cheers,

4. keithgh

pmasa

Making a mock front could have a few problems the base is the easy part.

5. pmasa

pmasa New Member

I made have now made a proper plant plan and I think that the rock on the right looks ok, it seems to blend in a bit better. The second rock on the right on the other hand I am thinking still draws the eye too much, all though with a big clump on anubias it might work? I think I will try and find three rocks to replace that second one and hopefully it blends a bit better. Tank_Plan copy.jpg

6. pmasa

pmasa New Member

Ok so i rearranged the rocks on the right hand side, there will be one more rock between them. Does it still draw the eye too much?[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. keithgh

pmasa

For some reason I can not save your photo to photo shop it at all.
    It certainly does here are a few suggestions

1 Remove the large rock second from the right.
    2 Move the large rock on the right up to where the other rock was so its just touching the rocks under the DW. (It might work only you can see)
    3 Small rock front centre move it to the open space under the DW on the LH side.

Finally post a few photos please.

8. keithgh

pmasa

How is the hard scape going have you made any changes?