1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

2012 Annular Solar Eclipse

Discussion in 'The Aqua Lounge' started by randy0319, Feb 25, 2012.

1. randy0319

randy0319 Aspiring Aquascaper

For those interested, there is going to be an Annular Solar Eclipse that starts in California and ends in Texas on May 20th. It will start in China, skirt the lower region of Japan, cross the Pacific, and be seen as a large glowing ring at its maximum. Google this info to see maps of where its path may lead. It could transit through an area near you. In the U.S. it will appear in the western sky and in Utah the eclipse will set before it finishes. A giant glowing ring will be seen sitting on the western horizon.

.....hhmmmm... an Annular Eclipse made with a flshlight using a card board circle and projected on the back of the posterboard on my tank...hhhmmm. Picture worthy?

2. Ashback

Ashback New Member

take a picture Randy and show us buddy

BDW this sounds pretty cool to me, dont know if I get to chance to see it but it remind me my childhood and when me and my mates use to watch Soviet Union's space ships above the sky:plane:

;-)

3. randy0319

very cool! The I.S.S. occasionally passes over our state and Russia is the only game in town to get there. There will be a total Solar eclipse that sails through the middle of the U.S. in 2016. The path of totality will also be within driving distance and I'm sure that there will be a lot of press about it when that year comes. I will try to get pics for all to see.

4. randy0319

Hey folks,

Here are some pictures of the eclipse that I took with a filter way out in the south desert in the Glendale bench area. A gruop of us had decided back in the new year to go out and do some 'Pagen stuff'. We were out in the pinion pine forest and I did my best during a rare and amazing moment. I envite all who have pictures of this event to share them so that we can see. I wish that my shots were better but here they are.

These first two were taken with a red glass over the lense. wierd but oddly facinating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest were taken with a Mylar film (eclipse glasses) over the lense. I finally got wise and used the zoom for the last ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

Cool pics. Never seen anything quite like that, besides in movies.

-John N.

6. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I saw the total eclipse over england is I think it was like 1997-8, either way it was amazing, all the animals went bat sh when it changed, so eerie.

7. randy0319

I agree. We had a crow start up while we were watching. I think that animals are very aware that something is not quite right. I'm glad that you saw it. If you have pics of it please share them.

8. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I don't I was too young to get it really I think though it left a lasting impression. I was like 8 or something at the time I think.

9. randy0319

2016 is the next big event of a total sun covering eclipse in the U.S. It will bisect the entire nation with its path. Get your camera ready for that one.