1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

2008 Aquatic Gardeners Convention

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Bugman, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Bugman

Bugman New Member

2008 Aquatic Gardeners Convention

We are proud to announce that the 2008 AGA Aquatic Gardeners Convention will be held the weekend of November 14-16th 2008, at the Atlanta Sheraton, within walking distance of the Georgia Aquarium (http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/).

Takashi Amano is making his third appearance at an AGA convention, including both a lecture and aquascaping demo. Professor Benito Tan will be speaking on aquatic mosses. Professor Michael Kane will be discussing Tissue Culture for the aquarist. Jeff Senske will speak on space/design and the aquarium, which will interest even the non-aquarist. Greg Morin, president of Seachem, returns for the first time since 2001. Finally, Karen Randall will have a banquet presentation on her recent collecting trip to Thailand. There's more -- Check out details at http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org. Please feel free to crosspost and translate this text in other forums you visit. Moderators please move if posted in the wrong section.

2. Jdinh04

Jdinh04 New Member

Seems like this years convention will be nice. I am hoping to go, is anybody else here going?

3. hooha

hooha New Member

this will be my first year, sounds like a good one!

4. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

It's pretty far from me. I missed the last one that was in California, doh!

Maybe I can find an excuse to travel across the country for this. But with it being so close to Thanksgiving, I probably won't be attending. :(

Is there a local plant club in Georgia that is helping with the event? I know in the last one the San Francisco Bay Area Plant Society (SFBAPS) was key in helping out with volunteer duties and other logistics.

-John N.