Sponsored link:

1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

20 Gallon Long

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by cwb141, Jan 9, 2011.

1. cwb141

cwb141 New Member

Greetings ASW members,

Plans are to have it up and running in a month. Originally I had planned on January 1st as a deadline, but too many things have come up in the past month. If it's running by Feb 1st I'll be ecstatic, but Feb 28th is unreasonable either.

I have built a stand that will either be for this 20g, or perhaps my 29g. I am not sure about which one will go on it, but I will most likely use the stand for the 20g, since it will prop it up higher then anything else I have.

The substrate is going to be inert gravel for the bottom layer, a mixture of inert gravel and earthworm castings for the middle layer, and inert gravel for the top layer. Gravel is from aquariumplants.com and is similar to other inerts such as Eco-Complete and Fluorite.

Plan to fertilize with Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Plantex CSM+B in the water column, and with tabs if needed (doubt it).

A piece of Malaysian driftwood will be centered 10" from the left. It forms a cave that will angle at about 45* facing just to the right of center.

Plants will be Anubias barteri var. nana, java fern, and weeping moss. I want to simulate the plants in the ravine next to my house which is full of moss on trees (both downed and alive), salal, and Western sword ferns.

Fish will be an Apisto pair (either cacatuoides or macmasteri), 4-6 cardinal tetras, red cherry shrimp, red nosed shrimp, and MTS.

Any thoughts or concerns about this setup?

Regards,

Josh

Attached is an attempt to draw my plans in paint.net
    20g plans.jpg