1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

1L Shkrimp Tank

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by SeaSerpant, Jul 11, 2008.

1. SeaSerpant

SeaSerpant New Member

I was getting fairly interested in shrimp so i went out and did something about it. I bought a 1L jar from Dollarama and bought 1 Cherry shrimp. I don't know how many shrimp i can have in there and i don't think it can be any more than 6, maybe not even that high. Can someone tell me the MAX i can put in this aquarium? I have put plants in the aquarium, just some plants that floated to the top, so i have bacopa, hygro polysperma, ludwigia, and ambulia. If i can i will find a bigger tank (maybe 1-3 gallons) probably a vase from some local place. I would love to breed shrimp but my parents probably won't allow it.
    Okay, pics.

The Tank

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Plants

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Shrimp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope the plants will grow really good. I will do small water changes everyday so that it will be clean. I may have to get maybe some algae shrimp or something that will keep the algae down because it is by a sun lit source. If the shrimp will take care of this, then GREAT. This tank is totally low maintenance, luckily for me!

2. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

I would say a max of 6 Cherry Shrimp for your tank. Make sure you do regular waterchanges to keep things healthy.

Also for your plants, I would avoid the stem plants that you have currently. Once they get going they can grow pretty quickly, making aquascaping your little planted aquarium a nightmare. If you're up for the challenge then by all means, otherwise I would go with some slow growing species like anubias nana "petite".

-John N.

3. DiogoHCMatias

DiogoHCMatias New Member

In 1L jar i would say that 1 red cherry is too much!
    1L is good to play with some plants, trying to make an amazing scape, and use it as decoration.
    Not for a shrimp, that is sensitive to changes in water chemestry.
    In this tank please don't keep shrimps, just bought a 20L tank fill it with moss and then you could have shrimps with good live quality ;)

4. akmal

akmal New Member

i agree with DiogoHCMatias. Shrimps are sensitive with changes in water chemistry. I've had shrimps died (slow and fast death) because of large water changes and lack of space.

Like Diogo said, get a 20L (or a 1ft nano), fill it up with moss and some filtration. add a few more females and a male..from the picture i think you have a female there and IMHO she's quite ready for breeding.

good & consistent water quality = happy & healthy shrimps :D