1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

180 degrees view in small dimensions

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by MarcelM, Aug 30, 2015.

1. MarcelM

MarcelM Aspiring Aquascaper

Has someone already pulled something like this of nicely? I wonder because its an idea i got on my mind and i'm planning to go on with it for real. My plan is an open top with 90 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm approximately, it wil be a DIY tank so i still can play a bit with that.

But it can be viewed from front and back and not give the impression that you look at a backside.. The side panels would more like function as backpanels to sloop up to a bit, so it would look like to smaller scapes facing eachother and meeting in the middle.

It would become something like a mix between James Findleys scapes - reciprocity and tributary.

I would realy like to see pictures of it if this idea already is succesfully done in such small dimensions.. :)
    Or maybe even better is someone over here already did it and there's a journal about it.

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Marcel

That sounds like a massive job for Mr Google.

Keith:):)

3. MarcelM

Keith i'm afraid so.. :) Till than i probably have to do with my invisions..

Trying to find inspirational examples about it for about a year now, already before i started my current tank in which i tried to integrate the idea just a little bit.. But small helicopter view aquascapes are not a common practice. If i didn't have that hole in the wall in my house i probably never would have gotten the idea. :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. keithgh

5. MarcelM

Keith,

Yes very beautifull picture, i invisioned it some like that with wood. But rocks also would look stunning. Good idea those aerial photo's, till now i was only rumbling in the jungle again. :) Thanks..

6. keithgh

Marcel

Always be prepared to think out of the square and look at nature.

Keith:):)

MarcelM likes this.
  7. MarcelM

Keith

you're spot on :) thanks for kicking me out of a box into that direction. now i'm looking differently now, to any island scene i see in nature. Like try to see them flooded. Got some great new ideas now to invision and think about. :)