1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

15l Nano Stocking

Discussion in 'Fish' started by JohnnyWales, Jul 12, 2012.

1. JohnnyWales

JohnnyWales New Member

I am planning within the next month or so to pruchase a 15 l nano aquarium for aquascaping.

I would ideally like a pair small shell dwelling species or kribs.

Has anyone any experience of this, and is this possible?

Failing this i will raise killies from eggs for this tank.

Thanks
    J

2. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

15l is pretty much shrimp territory perhaps some of the tiniest nano fish, definitely way, way, way too small for shell dwellers or kribensis sp. Even the smallest shell dwellers need around 50l 2foot tank, kribensis bigger still. needing around 90l, 3foot tank.

3. JohnnyWales

JohnnyWales New Member

thanks, the internet has some loons out there, i dont want to be one of them.

Do you know anyone on this site who retails tanks, with open tops ready for aquascaping?

I go into the local lfs shops and ebay, and i dont want a tank with a stand or a jewel bowfront!

4. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

My first tank was a clearseal breeder tank that I took the silicone rims off, as was my second, it's not an easy task but if you take your time it's rewarding.
    The only place I can think that sells open tops is aquajardin who stock ada and Dennerle tanks, both however carry a heft price tag, a breeder tank from the likes of clearseal is cheap and cheerful and does the job more than adequately when you don't really need optiwhite or the like.