1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

150g Rescape

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by JDowns, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Orlando

Orlando Supporting Member

I love this tank:) The foreground looks lush after a months worth of growth..Well done.

Regards, Orlando

Sponsored link:

2. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 New Member

Beautiful! What is your foreground plant?

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth New Member

cool tank, the red of the crypts add a nice touch :)

4. JDowns

JDowns New Member

I'm going for a wild look for the foreground so its a mixture of Eleocharis Parvula, Lilaeopsis Novea-Zelandiae, and Lilaeopsis Mauritiana.

5. Bunbuku

Bunbuku New Member

JD do you a close up of the 2 different types of Lilaeopsis next to the parvula?

6. Aquaspot World

Aquaspot World New Member

A very nice scape. Some Anubias sp. on the left should balance things up nicely.

If possible, you can get similar branches to simulate more 'cliffs' on the right side. That will make the whole scape look much deeper.

7. JDowns

JDowns New Member

I can take some photos tomorrow when I get some time. I'm questioning whether or not the Mauritiana is truely that species. Its growing in very short and is bound to get smothered and is not exibiting the same height as I had it before. It closely resembles a plant a local lfs has in emersed growth, and is labeled as "mini micro sword", in my tank its growing in no taller than 1/4 - 3/8"'s.

8. JDowns

JDowns New Member

I've considered some Anubias on the left as you mentioned (possibly minis), where I removed the patch of Blyxa. I'm also considering some more Riccardia Chamedryfolia on rocks. Just not sure yet.

The right side has a large grouping (about a sq ft) back there of the Nanjenshan (not my first pick though, I have some Rotala Pusilla in a grow out tank I would prefer there). I do have more wood to choose from that is alot like the right side that could go in there. I'll have to try adding a piece and see how it fairs. But that would give me an even number of wood pieces, and the aquatic gods may just frown on that.