1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

10 gallon renovation-Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by rufro1237, Nov 26, 2012.

1. rufro1237

rufro1237 New Member

Hey guys I am new on this site and I am thinking of rearranging my 10 gallon and I was wondering if any of you could help with design and plant choice. Here is right now:
    [​IMG]
    I live in Toronto and I don't have a huge selection of plants, rocks or wood at the local pet store... Helpers? I might order some rocks but maybe not...

It is stocked right now with:
    3 Peppered Corys
    2 Sunset Platys
    4 Cardinal Tetras
    3 Female Bettas
    3 Harlequin Rasboras
    1 Zebra Danio

I have driftwood, corskrew valls, amazon swords and some mystery plants that are like bamboo and pine trees. I also have a minor snail infestation...:D

Thanks,
    Rufro

2. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

Hygropholia difformis is the plant that's a mystery. A very easy plant indeed that one, it's well worth learning the proper names of the plants if you can, common names aren't universal.

Your stocking is a bit all over the place too and you're already overstocked with fish that really, are unsuitable for the tanks size.

In regards to helping with a scape, I would suggest learning how to grow plants well before we move onto scaping, getting things to grow is by far the hardest step for the vast majority of people.

What is the ultimate goal of the tank too? How much time do you have? Hi-tech or low tech? How much money and time do you have to put towards the tank. These are the sort of things you need to be asking yourself.

What is the scape you have in your mind, what we have to work with already isn't especially useful for such a small tank.

3. rufro1237

rufro1237 New Member

I'd love to keep it cheap (but can make exceptions), I might updgrade somewhere in the next year to a 15 or a 20 gallon and I the plants are growing really well so far. I'd rather keep it low tech, because there are not a lot of plugs near the tank, I would love to have some rocks and driftwood, and since I have my cardinal tetras I can't have PH raising rocks so ya... I'd like an mix between iguwami and forest because I love the little plants and rocks of iguwami and the tall and thick green of forest tanks... Kind off a lot, I know, but I have about 2 hours to work on it daily and my tank so far has 0 nitrites and ammonia. I'm thinking that I will add some sand to the substrate. I want to add some rocks like Seiryu stone, Manten stone ot Ryuoh stone (They will be ordered online, small pieces) Thanks for the help and I hope this answers your questions!