AQUASCAPING WORLD COMPETITION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) How many aquascapes can I submit?
You may submit up to (3) aquascapes. Each aquascape must be completed between January 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011.
2) Can I change a photo to an application I already submitted?
Yes. You are allowed one photo request change per application. Please submit a photo change request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Can I submit an aquascape that has been entered in other competitions?
Yes. Unlike other competitions, we allow aquascapes that have been published or entered into other competitions as long as they are completed between January 1, 2010 thru March 31, 2011. One of the goals of this competition is to provide you with another opportunity to get recognized and evaluated by a different Judging Panel and the Public.
4) How are aquascapes evaluated and scored?
Please see our Judging Criteria which includes detailed Judging Criteria and Scoring Methodology.
5) When is the latest I can enter?
Applications must be submitted prior to March 31, 2011 5:00 p.m Pacific Time.
6) I’m having technical issues and cannot upload/submit an application.
Please contact one of the ASW staff members through the ASW forum or through our contact us page.
7) When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced on or around May 15, 2011.
8) What are the prizes?
- Grand Winner: $300 USD and Plaque.
- People’s Choice: TBD
- 1st Place Category Winners: Pfertz Fertilizer Set
- TOP 12: Contest Book
9) How are the winners and awards decided?
- There are individual category rankings are determined by our Judges Panel.
- The Public will vote on the TOP 3 aquascapes from each category to determine the "People’s Choice Award" Winner.
- The combined Judges scores and Public Votes will be weighted to determine the ranking of the 12 finalists.
See this pictorial diagram of the Awarding Organization.